Understanding Pain : And what to do about it in less than 5 minutes.
- A good quality chair is a must for any office bound worker.
- It must have adjustable height , back rest and swivel. Be sturdy and offer sufficient lumbar support.
- Take breaks away from your workstation every 20-30 mins.
- Get some fresh air
- Work on your posture by increasing your core strength
- Monitor should be below the horizontal plane of your eyes. You should not have to strain your eye muscles to see the screen.
- Make sure your keyboard is tilted up so that your hand ligaments are not stretched
- Do not slouch
For a more in depth article read the following LIFEHACKER article
Muscle Trigger Points APP
A Reference for the most common trigger points and referral patterns for over 70 muscles. Features 100+ trigger points with their corresponding referral patterns. Each muscle includes the visual referral pattern and point location, plus a written muscle action, referral and comments for each muscle. You can choose to view each muscle individually, or use the zones view to see all the muscles that refer into a specific area, a great help in discovering the source of pain.
Trigger points are tight places in a muscle that cause pain to be felt elsewhere in the body. This is great for massage therapists, physical therapists, chiropractors, or anyone wanting to discover the source of muscular pain, and learn about muscle function.